It is necessary to develop a mission statement. This will give direction and purpose to men’s ministries in the church and will set the order of priorities. It will also provide a measure to evaluate from time to time to see if the goals are actually being met.
Here are some samples:
- Men’s Ministries unites men to become godly men, encouraging them to make promises that last a lifetime–to Jesus Christ, their families, and to one another.
- Our mission is measured by the evidence of men discipling other men to live by the conviction that “A MAN’S MAN IS A GODLY MAN.”
- Men on target to honor Jesus, love our families, and serve our churches and communities.
- The threefold goal of the Men’s Fellowship Breakfast Group is
- Getting together because of Christ
- Growing together in Christ
- Going forth to serve Christ
- Our men’s ministry goals are
- To walk with God and grow in my Christian life.
- To be a pacesetter at home and at church.
- To be consistently sharing the Gospel with the lost and unchurched.
Now develop your own mission statement, knowing that your target is men.
- What do you want to see happen among the men in your own life and among your men?
- How do you intend to accomplish this?
- How do you intend to measure the results?
- Now combine the two or three elements into one clear short sentence.